6.1: Demonstrate foundational knowledge of adult learning theories and related research about organizational change, professional development, and school culture.

Equity Presentation Roundtables.docx

Context:

In the EDLIT 745 course Literacy Research for Change, our task was to focus on an area or topic in the classroom that we were interested in researching.  At the end of the research project we had to present all the knowledge we gained on the learning theories and related research to a small group of colleagues. 

Reflection: 

Conducting research was an overwhelming, yet rewarding task for me.  It required countless hours of reading and searching for relevant articles on my topic.  All of the time spent reading and researching then had to be compiled into a one page handout, to be shared with other professionals during a round table presentation.  Although it seemed close to impossible at the beginning of the semester, when all was said and done, I was proud of my ability to discuss the practical strategies for literacy instruction and  answer questions about my topic.