6.2: Display positive dispositions related to their own reading and writing, and pursue the development of individual professional knowledge and behaviors.

Expository Text Demonstration Lesson and Coaching Assignment.docx

Context:

For this assignment I had to meet with a group of 2-3 professionals and discuss the purpose of a demonstration lesson I developed and the importance of teaching literacy using expository texts.  Upon completion of implementing the demo lesson in the classroom we gathered to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the lesson, and alternative approaches to best meet the needs of all students. 

Reflection:

After meeting with the group of professionals to discuss the effectiveness of the expository text lesson and reflecting on my own instructional practices, it is evident that hearing the perspective of other professionals and keeping an open mind to alternate strategies will benefit the students.  There were parts of the lesson that could use modification to make a stronger delivery of material.  As an teacher it is important to consistently reflect on our teaching practices in order to help us grow with the ever changing educational world.