I was born and raised in Central Vermont. Immediately following high school I served four years, 2003 to 2007, on active duty in the U.S. Air Force. At the conclusion of my military technical training I was awarded the title of Distinguished Graduate in recognition of my “outstanding academic achievement, personal conduct, and professional skills.” I also earned an Associate of Applied Science in Air and Space Operations Technology from the Community College of the Air Force.

After the military and before I began my undergraduate studies I worked for two years at Dartmouth Journal Services in Waterbury, VT. At this job I created and utilized training materials and worked on many different scientific, technical, and medical journals.

I earned my BS in Dietetics, Nutrition, and Food Sciences from the University of Vermont. Just prior to graduation I was awarded the Agnes T. Powell Award as voted on by the department’s faculty in recognition of “qualities indicating outstanding professional promise and potential”. I conducted a nutrition education practicum at a local branch of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America with middle-school-aged children using lesson plans I developed. I also spent time at another local branch during homework sessions, physical activity, and meal times.

In August 2014 I fulfilled the Commission on Dietetic Registration requirements for dietetic registration. As a new Registered Dietitian Nutritionist I am excited to begin my career of helping people, especially children, live a healthier life by assisting them in building a responsible and realistic relationship with food.

I have travelled to 20 countries throughout Europe, North and South America, and Asia as a result of serving in the military and as an interest I have continued to pursue.

Please view my resume below.

Adam M. Paronto, RDN

20-01 36th St., FL 1                                                                       (802) 595-1164

Astoria, NY, 11105                                                           adam.paronto@gmail.com

Education

CUNY School of Public Health at Hunter College

Dietetic Internship, 2014

University of Vermont

Bachelor of Science in Dietetics, Nutrition and Food Sciences, magna cum laude, 2013

Community College of the Air Force

Associate of Applied Science in Air and Space Operations Technology, 2007

Work History

CUNY School of Public Health at Hunter College, New York, NY

September 2013 - June 2014

Dietetic Intern

Community Rotations: South Bronx Health Center, Ryan Network-Women and Children’s Center (WIC Office)

Developed community-based, participant-centered nutrition education and counseling skills with children and their caretakers. Conducted food demonstrations for pregnancy and baby groups. Led craft and game activities.

Clinical Rotation: North Central Bronx Hospital

Improved MNT skills through nutrition assessments, diet and medication education, and nutrition interventions following the nutrition care process. Developed decision flowchart to address appropriateness of oral nutrition supplement orders for use by providers. Demonstrated proficiency in QuadraMed Electronic Health Record.

Foodservice Rotation: NYC Office of SchoolFood

Enhanced knowledge of NSLP guidelines and implementation. Participated in Garden-to-Café and GrowNYC Greenmarket community outreach events. Demonstrated proficiency in MCS Database System.

Dartmouth Journal Services, Waterbury, VT

September 2007 - August 2009

Senior Production Assistant

Responsible for the development of training materials and successfully trained eight new employees and two interns. Served on the Employee Forum addressing issues of productivity and morale. Operated company developed software to track multiple journal accounts with individual requirements never missing a deadline.

United States Air Force, Ramstein, Germany and Tucson, AZ

July 2003 - June 2007

Aerospace Control and Warning Systems Journeyman

Updated training materials for three different positions. Created and maintained resource databases. Operated information networks which required constant communication between multiple agencies.

Additional Experience

ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification, developed nutrition lessons to conduct at a local branch of the Boys & Girls Club, experience in preparing, cooking, and serving food at volunteer and school-related events.

Awards and Memberships

Agnes T. Powell Award, Dean’s List, Cornelia Irish Memorial Scholarship, Wilfred & Sylvia Hill Scholarship,  Air Force Achievement Medal, Air Force Technical Training Distinguished Graduate.

Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Green Mountain Club Long Trail Mentor.