More About Me
Fun Fact: I can speak five languages: English, Punjabi, Hindi, Spanish, and French!
Favorite Food: Tacos
Favorite Color: Red
Favorite Children’s Book: The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams
Recent Read: Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
Hobbies: Baking, Yoga, Knitting, Arts & Crafts, Traveling, Hiking and Snowboarding

The Core of My Philosophy

Inspire
As a teacher, I hope to instill a love for learning in all my students.  I want motivate my students to continue learning, stimulate critical thinking and understand perspectives beyond their own.  I believe school should encourage students to develop their will and ability to improve themselves and the community in which they reside. As a teacher, I hope to create a classroom environment which supports and includes all students, develops critical thinkers, and most importantly instills a passion for learning. My aim is to develop the full potential of each learner, give each learner a set of core skills and common knowledge base, engage students in the classroom so that able to think critically and challenge assumptions while being able to express themselves freely in a positive and accepting environment.

Support
I believe the primary role of a teacher is to support his/her students.  A teacher must be ready and willing to accommodate the needs of all his/her students.  Knowledge is more than something disseminated by the teacher; it is created in classroom in a collaborative atmosphere. Lessons should engage students rather than make them passive recipients of predetermined knowledge.  Challenging classroom discussions are essential to student developing the ability to evaluate what they learn.  In one classroom alone there can be special needs students, English language learners, and gifted students. When designing curriculum, I take into account all the learners, their backgrounds and experience and their different learning styles and then differentiate instruction. Through various forms of formative classroom assessments, during and after teaching, I process and reflect on how the lesson went and decide what changes need to be made to help the students be engaged in and understand the material better.

Build Community
The classroom plays a significant role within the larger school community.  In order for an overall positive school community, teachers need to ensure that their classrooms are safe environments that are conducive to student learning and social growth.  It is also important that the classroom community opens its doors to the outside community and students’ families.  I hope to create a classroom environment that promotes a community of learners who respect, support, and inspire one another. As an educator, I prioritize teaching about diversity and multiculturalism and acceptance of all human beings. . I see the classroom and curriculum as a world of discovery where students learn and grow academically, physically, mentally, emotionally and socially. I believe that basing a curriculum on the promotion of equity does not assume limitation rather provides a venue of all students to develop their full potential.