My Commute

For my assignment, I decided to make a comic book, but instead of drawing a comic book into one continous scene after another like a comic strip, I separated each box scene, because I believed that, in my case, each moment needed its separate attention from another, since every scene that was depicted in the comic book happened in different days, and not in one single, continuous time interval. Another reason why I chose to separate each box is that I wanted the comic book to act like a flashback memory, and as one would know, flashback memories usually occur randomly in disconnected thoughts and ideas.

At the same time, however, I connected my comic book with a winding road. This shows that, despite the fact that each boxed scene have separate meanings of its own, the boxed scenes all have some connection to each other in a way. In my case, each of the separate scenes all talk about my commute to Hunter. However, there are also separate winding roads that makes up this whole road, depending on which setting the scenes were in. These separate winding roads are further made clearer by my table of contents, and each number signifies the specific setting that the scenes were taking place.  

My comic book displays some sort of humor to it as I discover new things about the city I had never known before. Some of them include my experiences with the subway and its overwhelming crowdedness, the waves of people that cross the street, and the lovely smells of halal food. I hope people will also somewhat, if not wholly, relate to my experiences traveling to Hunter!