Planning for instruction is one of the most important aspects of an effective educator's job. When designing semester and year long essential questions, unit and lesson plans, I look to the common core state standards established for my students, as well as their specific academic needs. Designing my curriculum and teaching in such a way, ensures that I am prepared to teach students the content and skills they will need to both pass important mandated state exams, as well as graduate on to their next grade of education.

The following are sample unit plans which I believe demonstrate my knowledge of curriculum planning:

CD unit plan 721.pdf

CD unit plan 711.pdf

The following are sample lesson plans which I also believe demonstrate my knowledge of curriculum planning:

CD LP 721 .pdf

CD LP 705 .pdf

The following photos demonstrate the collaborative and engaging learning environment that I aim to establish in my classroom:

In this photo, students can be seen working independently, working in pairs, or working in small groups.

Furthermore, this photo reflects students' attentiveness and active engagement in their own learning.

Ultimately, I believe designing sound instructional plans is an integral part of an effective teacher's duties, and therefore I take great care when creating a curriculum, unit and/or lesson plan.