2.3: Use a wide range of texts (e.g., narrative, expository, and poetry) from traditional print, digital, and online resources.

Mo Willem's Website

Context:

For EDLIT732, Children's Literature, we were given an opportunity to research a contemporary author's literary works and life. We read and analyzed five books written by the author and used different reference sources on the person (journal articles, website, professional reference) to discover more about them and their literature. After completing this research, we were asked to create a website that was kid-friendly and could be used in the classroom.  

Reflection:

For this project, I decided to research the children's book author, Mo Willems. Not only do students of all ages love his books, but I love his books! In creation of this website, I discovered a lot more about the author's life and how it impacted the books he created. This opportunity also encouraged me to read and discover books by Mo Willem's that I've never read before. After learning all new information about Mo Willems and his book, I created a website that was kid-friendly. I also made sure that it was visually appealing, so that students would be interested in finding out more about Mo Willem's and the books he created. This is a tool that I can now use to get students engaged and excited about reading through the use of technology.