Throughout all activities the use of providing feedback was essential to not only guide learning but to assist in making directions for assessment clear and appropriate to each targeted student.

Major feedback provided by me:

Assessment 1- Interview

Me: Jay I saw you draw some yummy food items. What did the caterpillar eat again? He ate leaves, what else did he eat?

Me: Good morning Christina

Christina: Morning

Me: I see you colored your circle orange. Is that from the story you guys read?

-These questions were used to start the conversation and interaction with the child in hopes of leading towards the SLO needed to assess the child. Depending on what the child’s feedback was in regards to my questions, I made it a habit to think through what was said by the child and providing feedback that sticks to the topic and goals.

Assessment 2- Structured Interview

Me: (To Christina) Hello, my name is Henry, what is yours? (Jay reaches for his caterpillar back)

Christina: (Smiles).

-Feedback used to engage Christina in the conversation

Assessment 3- Sequencing

-The major feedback I provided while implementing this assessment was positive feedback to encourage students to complete the task. For instance, for Jay I told him to close his eyes and imagine the butterfly life cycle chart that was created by the teacher.

Feedback provided by the teachers was also noted. I observed the interactions the teacher maintained with my targeted students to gain ideas on what worked for them. For instance, using scaffolding techniques, asking questions, and providing feedback on student work.