When I was a child, I was inspired to draw after watching animated film created by the likes of Don Bluth, Walt Disney and Hayao Miyazaki. I was so entranced by their work that I fashioned my own artistic style after them; when I grew older, however, I was pushed to explore different styles. Today, I create not only cartoons, but a variety of human figures, landscapes, illustrations and graphic designs. Though varied, my work tends to express elements of East Asian culture, a culture that I was born and raised in. I am particularly interested in Japanese anime, Chinese calligraphy, Chinese landscapes and Buddhist symbolism.

In addition to being an artist, I am an aspiring computer programmer. I learned how to code in HTML/CSS during my preteen years when I was an avid player on Neopets.com. I made a variety of “petpages” – simple mini-websites that supported only basic markup languages. It was not until I became a high school student that I learned my first real programming language – Actionscript 3.0 – which I use to create a variety of fun Flash games, animations and websites that I share with people all around the world through a site called DeviantArt. I believe that programming is much like drawing because, like drawing, it requires creativity. I hope that one day I can utilize these skills to communicate important messages, such as environmental awareness, to a large audience.