115 Wyckoff Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11237
Dynamic, observant, and self motivated health educator with diverse experiences in urban farming and project management
Urban Farming and Horticulture
- Excellent knowledge and practice of composting techniques
- Coordinated and designed layout of urban garden for two consecutive growing seasons.
- Oversaw the tasks of planting vegetables, herbs, trees, flowers, seed propagation and general garden maintenance using organic farming methods.
- Gained familiarity with natural pest control, weed control and composting methods.
- Guided the use of season extension methods to a food pantry farm.
- Utilized seed saving and food preservation techniques.
Education and Curriculum
- Programed and facilitated a 6-week children’s gardening and health curriculum, “Healthy Bloomers” for ages 5-9yrs.
- Created gardening lessons for “Eat Well, Live Well” program catered for low-income seniors that are apart of a food pantry.
- Created educational lessons for local elementary school students. Facilitated and lead three classes of students in horticultural technique. Also led a local Brownie Troop in a lesson on tree identification.
- Prepared and taught a lesson to group leaders on edible plant parts to relay to their elementary school students.
- Created lesson on alternative stress reduction using aromatherapy for senior citizens and recovering addicts
- Instructed first time contact wearer patients ages 12-50+ how to insert, remove, and care for contacts.
- Swim instructor with four years of experience
- Conducted qualitative and quantitative surveys for site evaluations in regards to attitudes on Horticultural Therapy and future career goals.
- Performed outreach to New York City food pantries to monitor status and offer aid in starting organic self sustaining vegetable gardens.
- Assisted in allocating new prospects for the Development department, and acquired food donations from Chipotle Mexican Grill for workshops held in the office.
- Coordinated and conducted a marketing campaign to local Human Resource departments to promote awareness of our company and services. Established and maintained relationships with Human Resource departments of such companies.
- High end eyewear stylist and sale representative.
- Managed and held primary responsibility of an urban garden.
- Consulted with experienced farmers, horticulturalists, landscape artists, and botanists to assist with garden maintenance and design.
- Collaborated with GrowNYC and NYRP to secure garden supplies and plants.
- Coordinated volunteers and corporate volunteer groups to work in the garden.
- Supervised staff members and interns in a variety of settings
- Initiated several partnerships with a local school, Brownie Troop and substance abuse organization to provide various gardening activities on site.
- Carried out fundraising efforts with neighboring businesses for the garden.
Bed-Stuy Campaign Against Hunger
Eat Well, Live Well Gardening Instructor Septemper 2011-July 2012
Urban Farm Manager Febuary 2012-Present
St. Vincent’s Garden- Horticultural Society of New York Nov 2010- Sept 2011
Program Coordinator and Nature Educator
Horticultural Society of New York January 2010-Septembter 2010
Bushwick Impact August 2010
Volunteer nutrition and nature educator
Grand Central Optical August 2007- Present
Administrative Assistant/Sales Representative
Foremost Glatt Kosher Catering August 2006- May 2007
Running Catering Waitress
Elite Fitness Management Summers 2003-2007
Food Democracy Now
The Horticultural Society of New York
CUNY Hunter College 2006- 2011 [Anticipated Graduation Jan. 2012]
Bachelor of Science in Community Health Education, Psychology Minor, 12 credits in Nutrition and Food Science
Dean’s List 2011
NYC Master Composter
Crafting organic lotions
Languages: Mandarin, and working knowledge of Spanish