While at City Harvest I was deeply engaged in strengthening the organizations policy communications. I utilized Democracy in Action - an online program and advocacy platform enabling individuals to contact their elected officials.

Click here to view the HTML template I developed for City Harvest's Policy Updates

Click here to view the HTML template I developed for City Harvest's Action Alerts

Click here to view a website posting I created on the Farm Bill

I also worked closely with the New York City School Meals Coalition to strengthen outreach around Breakfast in the Classroom - an alternative model for school breakfast that has been shown to significantly increase breakfast participation and decrease childhood food insecurity. The model has been widely utilized across the United States. Larger cities like Los Angeles and Chicago have actually mandated the model be used in all schools participating in school breakfast programs. However, in New York City there is strong opposition from the health department to mandate city wide adoption of the model.

Click here to view the website I am developing for the New York City School Meals Coalition on Breakfast in the Classroom (the website is not currently live)

Click here to view a PowerPoint I helped develop alongside Aimee Bianca from the Food Bank for New York City for a training we co-facilitated on Breakfast in the Classroom