SPAHA CAFÉ 

European/American Fusion Cuisine; 1872 Lexington Avenue; 212-427-1767; info@myspahacafe.comwww.myspahacafe.com

A charming neighborhood café conveniently located less than four blocks away from the Hunter campus. Spaha serves a variety of coffee and espresso drinks, pastries, bread, sandwiches, soup, salads, and a few select breakfast items. Most customers grab a quick coffee or sandwich and dine out. Wi-Fi is also available but due to limited space the café restricts table use for customers purchasing more than $10 worth of food. For your typical neighborhood café Spaha is great. It has everything you need: great atmosphere, good coffee, and tasty yet affordable food. Prices range between $1 for a homemade bagel to $7.95 for a sandwich or salad and Hunter students receive a 10% discount. Considering it is one of the only cafes of its kind in the area I will definitely be back to enjoy more delicious lattes and baked goods.

BEST BETS

If you are looking for a place to satisfy your morning caffeine and sugar fix this is your place; diabetics and those with gluten allergies should wander in with caution. Don’t despair; there are healthier options to choose from. The café does pride itself on vegetarian and vegan options and their menu holds true to their claim. I recommend a healthy protein packed salad for those of a vegetarian mindset.  There are several topping options to choose from: sundried tomatoes, fresh basil, avocado, grilled vegetables, olives, and other delicious goodies. Top off your salad with nuts (they have several to choose from: walnuts, pistachio, and pecans!) and cheese (I recommend trying goat, feta, or mozzarella) for an added protein boost. Sandwiches are another option for vegetarians and vegans. I ordered the vegetarian mozzarella, avocado, and sundried tomato sandwich on multi-grain bread. Although it was delicious, there definitely should have been more avocado and sundried tomatoes. Next time I will definitely ask for more and other customers should do the same.