Communities

During my first year as a teacher, I want to become established in the classroom, the school, and the neighborhood.

I am currently working with AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) and would love to continue.

I love theater, and have experience writing, acting, and directing plays. I would want to explore the possibility of working with students to write and perform scenes, whether in the classroom or an auditorium.

I also have professional and pedagogical experience in journalism, and would love to work on a school publication such as a newspaper or literary magazine.

Professional development organizations and activities

I am a member of National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE), and with my cooperating teacher at Cobble Hill helped prepare and deliver lessons within the AVID methodologies (Advancement Via Individual Determination).

Through BMCC, I have participated in numerous professional development activities, including sessions devoted to technical competencies and using new technologies to reach students; and to linguistics and patterns of vernacular and speech, to quickly identify and address predictable errors.