While growing up in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, I had a pretty wild imagination.  I loved movies, drawing, and writing stories, and I carried all of these things with me throughout my time as a student.  Throughout my life, and especially through high school, I always had a very strong group of people who supported me.  My parents were always there to help me with homework, or to offer advice whenever I needed it.  Furthermore, I had some amazing teachers who encouraged me to pursue my interests, and who always showed a great deal of caring and patience while helping me to become a successful student.

Although I lived thousands of miles from Hollywood, I always dreamed of being a screenwriter.  After graduating from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee with a degree in English, I moved to California, where I got a job with Audiences Unlimited.  There, I working as a Page for a variety of television sitcoms.  After that, I finally got my foot in the door at Warner Bros. Television as an Assistant Production Coordinator.   During this time, I also began to tutor high school students in Long Beach, which is where my quest to become a teacher began to take hold.

As I struggled with the grind of working in a television production office, I was finding my work with students extremely rewarding.  During one hiatus I even took work as a substitute teacher in Long Beach, where I worked with students of all ages.  That's when I decided to go back to school to get my teaching certification.  I moved back to Wisconsin, where I immediately began working as a full-time substitute for the School District of Menomonee Falls.

As fate would have it, however, I met my wife along the way, and since she was from Queens, New York, I decided to make one last move.  Once I arrived, I began taking classes at Hunter College.  I also began working for Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes, where I tutored students of all ages and abilities, and with a variety of special needs.  I worked with students diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, and Autism, while others struggled to read and write at their appropriate grade level.  The three years I spent there were some of the best of my life, and it is an amazing feeling to know that I had an impact on the lives of so many students.  And as a teacher in New York City, I look forward to having a positive impact on students' lives for many years to come.